Specialized Additional Teaching Certificate Programs
Our Specialized Additional Teaching Certificate Programs are designed for working teachers and other education professionals who hold a master’s degree and want to expand their qualifications or become certified in an additional, specialized area. In the current job market, it is crucial for teachers to have both deeper and broader skills to be more effective and successful in an increasingly diverse classroom.
Enhance your professional skills so that you can stand out further — earning salary increases, making yourself more marketable, attractive to hire, and ultimately supporting you in becoming the teacher leader you want to be.
Learn more about our Advanced Certificate programs in:
- Adolescent Special Education (Grades 7-12)
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Bilingual Education Extension – Intensive Teacher Institute for NYC DOE Special Education Teachers
- Bilingual Education Extension – NYS Teachers
- Blind and Visually Impaired – Orientation and Mobility
- Blind and Visually Impaired – Teacher of the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Childhood Special Education – Behavior Disorders
- Childhood Special Education – Learning Disabilities
- Computer Science Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Development and Learning: Diverse Children and Families (Students with Disabilities Birth – Grade 2)
- Gifted Education Extension
- Mathematics Development
- Mathematics and Technology
- Science and Robotics
- Science and Technology
- Severe and Multiple Disabilities Annotation Extension
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) – Intensive Teacher Institute (ITI) for NYC DOE Teachers
Students enrolled in Advanced Certificate Programs are not eligible for Federal Financial Aid, including Federal Direct Loans. However, these students may apply for alternative student loans and institutional aid, such as School of Education Scholarships.