Computer Science Education Advanced Certificate
This program is designed to prepare New York State certified middle and high school teachers to become effective teachers of Computer Science at all grade levels.
Coursework and Clinical Experiences
Students complete a 4-semester sequence beginning in the Fall semester. Courses are offered in the afternoon and evening.
Computer Science (All grades)
Eligibility and Admission Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s Degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended
- NY State Teacher certification in any content area
- Knowledge of programming in a text-based language such as Python, Java, or C++
- Applicants will upload a code sample in a text-based language that is representative of their current programming ability in their personal statement or will provide a link to sample code on their resume.
- Statement of Purpose
- Include the following information in your resume or in an addendum to your resume
- How many years have you taught in the NYCDOE
- How many years have you taught: APCS-A, APCS Principals, Exploring CS, or another CS curriculum
- A link to a sample code in a text-based language hosted on Git Hub, or other hosting service
- Two letters of recommendation
- Interview with program faculty
To start your application, visit the Partnership Programs’ Application page.
Fall Start: May 15
If you do not hold NY State certification, consider applying to our Master’s Degree program in Computer Science Education.