Childhood Special Education – Learning Disabilities Advanced Certificate
This post-master’s, advanced certificate program is designed for teachers with New York State certification in either Childhood Education Grades 1-6 or a different certification area of Special Education who seek an additional certification in Students with Disabilities, Grades 1-6 with a focus on students with Learning Disabilities. This online program begins each Summer.
Certification: Students with Disabilities Grades 1-6
Eligibility & Admission Requirements
- A master’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 3.5
- New York State teacher certification in one of the following areas:
- Students with Disabilities, Birth – Grade 2
- Students with Disabilities, Grades 7-12 Generalist
- Childhood Education, Grades 1-6
- A personal statement that includes reference to your interest in focusing on Learning Disabilities
- Two letters of recommendation
Applicants should apply for the Fall semesters only. Note, this program begins in the Summer.
To start your application, click here.
When applying to this program under Program of Study, select School of Education – Special Education, and Adv. Cert Childhood Special Education (Grades 1-6) Specialized Additional Certificate.
If you do not have a master’s degree, or hold New York State teacher certification in Students with Disabilities, Birth – Grade 2, Students with Disabilities, Grades 7-12 Generalist, or Childhood Education, Grades 1-6, consider applying for our master’s degree program in Childhood Special Education Grades 1-6: Learning Disabilities.