Childhood Special Education – Behavior Disorders (Advanced Certificate)
This all-online post-master’s, advanced certificate program is designed for teachers who hold New York State teacher certification in Childhood Education, Grades 1-6 and are seeking an additional certification in Students with Disabilities, Grades 1-6 with a focus on students with Behavior Disorders. Teachers who hold certification in Students with Disabilities Birth – Grade 2 or Grades 7-12 are also strong candidates for this program. This online program offers admission in the Fall and the Spring.
Certification: Students with Disabilities Grades 1-6
Eligibility & Admission Requirements
- A master’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 3.5
- New York State teacher certification in one of the following areas:
- Childhood Education, Grades 1-6
- Students with Disabilities, Birth – Grade 2
- Students with Disabilities, Grades 7-12 Generalist
- A personal statement that includes reference to your desire to pursue a concentration in Behavior Disorders
- Two letters of recommendation
To start your application, click here.
When applying to this program under Program of Study, select School of Education – Special Education and Adv. Cert in Childhood Special Ed (Grades 1-6)-Specialized Addl Cert. Applicants should specify their interest in Behavior Disorders in the personal statement.
If you do not have a master’s degree, or hold New York State teacher certification in Students with Disabilities, Birth – Grade 2, Students with Disabilities, Grades 7-12 Generalist, or Childhood Education, Grades 1-6, consider applying for our master’s degree program in Childhood Special Education Grades 1-6: Behavior Disorders.