Adolescent Special Education Advanced Certificate
This program is designed for teachers with New York State certification in a content area at the adolescent level—such as Mathematics, Science, English Language Arts or Social Studies or Students with Disabilities Grades 1-6, and will prepare you to become a special education generalist in Grades 7-12.
Certification: Students with Disabilities Grades 7-12
Eligibility & Admissions Requirements
This program is designed for applicants who hold certification in Childhood Special Education Grades 1-6 or Adolescent Education Grades 7-12
- A master’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 3.5
- New York State initial, professional or permanent certification in:
- Childhood Special Education, Grades 1-6
- Adolescent Education, Grades 7-12
- A personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation from a supervisor or academic professor
Applications are accepted each Fall semester.
Begin your application. When applying to this program under Program of Study, select School of Education – Special Education, and Adv. Cert in Adolescent Special Ed (Grades 7-12)-Specialized Addl Cert.
If you hold certification in Students with Disabilities Birth-Grade 2 or Students with Disabilities Grades 1-6 and hope to earn professional certification, consider applying for our Professional Certification program in Special Education (Advanced Preparation).