ADSUP Track (School Building/School District Leader Certification)
This master’s degree program is designed to prepare New York State certified teachers and pupil personnel service providers for roles in administration and supervision of preK-grade 12 educational settings.
Coursework & Fieldwork: Courses take place on one afternoon/evening. Some courses may be available in an online or hybrid format. Select courses have required hours of fieldwork in a New York City public school. One course per semester is focused on improvement of student, teacher or system outcomes in your school. Students complete 600 hours of fieldwork at their current worksite or a site approved by the Program Leader.
Certification: School Building Leader and School District Leader
Eligibility & Admission Requirements
This program is designed for applicants who possess a master’s degree and hold permanent or professional NYS certification as a teacher and/or pupil personnel service provider within grades PreK-12
- A master’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 3.0
- Permanent or professional NYS certification as a teacher and/or pupil personnel service provider within grades PreK-12
- A minimum of three years of approved teaching and/or school service within grades PreK-12 under regular appointment (or its equivalent for counselors, social workers, and school psychologists) or two years approved teaching and/or school service and at least one year of relevant management/leadership experience
- Two letters of recommendation, including a letter of support from the candidate’s immediate site supervisor
- An on-site interview process that includes both oral and written activities
- A statement of purpose
- An official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score report is required for applicants who do not hold teacher certification
Applications are accepted each Fall and Spring semester.
To start your application, click here.
When applying to this program, under Program of Study, select School of Education – Other Programs and Educational Leadership (SBL/SDL). Indicate in your statement of purpose that you are applying for the ADSUP Cohort.
To learn more about the CLASS track, click here.
If you already hold New York State School Building Leader certification, consider applying for our Advanced Certificate program in School District Leadership.