Educational Leadership: Administration Supervision (ADSUP)
This master’s degree program is designed to prepare New York State certified teachers and pupil personnel service providers for roles in administration and supervision of preK to grade 12 educational settings.
Coursework and Fieldwork
Courses take place on one afternoon/evening. Some courses may be available in an online or hybrid format. Select courses have required hours of fieldwork in a New York City public school. Students complete 600 hours of fieldwork at their current worksite or a site approved by the Program Leader.
School Building Leader and School District Leader
Eligibility and Admission Requirements
This program is designed for applicants who possess a master’s degree and hold permanent or professional New York State (NYS) certification as a teacher and/or pupil personnel service provider within grades PreK-12.
- A master’s degree from an accredited institution with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0
- Permanent or professional New York State (NYS) certification as a teacher and/or pupil personnel service provider within grades PreK-12
- A minimum of three years of approved teaching and/or school service within grades PreK-12 under regular appointment (or its equivalent for counselors, social workers, and school psychologists) or two years approved teaching and/or school service and at least one year of relevant management/leadership experience
- Two letters of recommendation, including a letter of support from the candidate’s immediate site supervisor
- An on-site interview process that includes both oral and written activities
- A statement of purpose. Candidates should specify which track of the Educational Leadership program (ADSUP or CLASS) they wish to be considered for as a header in the statement of purpose.
- An official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score report is required for applicants who hold PPS certification (Waived for Spring 2024, and Fall 2024 applicants).
To start your application, visit Apply Yourself.
When applying to this program, under Program of Study, select School of Education – Other Programs and Educational Leadership (SBL/SDL). Indicate in your statement of purpose that you are applying for the ADSUP Cohort.
- March 15 (Priority Deadline)
- April 15 (Extended Deadline)
- October 15 (Priority Deadline)
- November 15 (Extended Deadline)
Visit How to Apply for information about deadline extensions.
To learn more about the CLASS track, visit the CLASS Admissions page.
If you already hold New York State School Building Leader certification, consider applying for our Advanced Certificate program in School District Leadership.