School Building/School District Leader Certification
This master’s degree program is designed to prepare New York State certified teachers for roles in administration and supervision of preK-grade 12 educational settings.
Certification: School Builder Leader and School District Leader
Eligibility & Admission Requirements
This program is designed for applicants who possess a master’s degree and hold permanent or professional NYS certification as a teacher and/or pupil personnel service provider within grades PreK-12
- A master’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 3.0
- Permanent or professional NYS certification as a teacher and/or pupil personnel service provider within grades PreK-12
- A minimum of three years of approved teaching and/or school service within grades PreK-12 under regular appointment (or its equivalent for counselors, social workers, and school psychologists) or two years approved teaching and/or school service and at least one year of relevant management/leadership experience
- Two letters of recommendation, including a letter of support from the candidate’s immediate site supervisor
- An on-site interview process that includes both oral and written activities
- A statement of purpose
- An official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score report is required for applicants who do not hold teacher certification
To start your application, click here.
When applying to this program, under Program of Study, select School of Education – Other Programs and Educational Leadership (SBL/SDL).
If you already hold New York State teacher certification in SBL, consider applying for our Advanced Certificate program in School District Leadership.