Educational Leadership: School District Leader Advanced Certificate
This post-master’s, advanced certificate program is designed to prepare New York State certified administrators with SBL or SAS certification for roles in administration and supervision at the school district level.
Coursework and Clinical Experiences
Courses are offered in the afternoon and evening. All classes have required hours of classroom experience (clinical experiences) totaling 600 hours in a New York City public school. Students complete all components at their current worksite or a site approved by the Education Leadership program.
School District Leader
Eligibility and Admission Requirements
- A master’s degree from an accredited institution with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0
- A minimum of 48 graduate credits completed prior to enrollment
- Proof of New York State (NYS) certification in School Building Leader or School Administrator/Supervisor
- Two letters of recommendation
- A statement of purpose
- An on-site interview and writing sample may be requested by the program coordinator
Applications are accepted each Fall and Spring semester.
To start your application, visit the Hunter College Online Application.
When applying to this program, under Program of Study, select “School of Education – Other Programs and School District Leader Adv. Cert.
- March 15 (Priority Deadline)
- April 15 (Extended Deadline)
- October 15 (Priority Deadline)
- November 1 (Extended Deadline)
Visit How to Apply for information about deadline extensions.
If you do not hold certification in School Building Leader, consider applying for our master’s degree program in Educational Leadership.