Educational Leadership at Westchester Edith Winthrop Teacher Center (EWTC)
ADSUP Track (School Building/School District Leader Certification)
Offered in partnership with the Edith Winthrop Teacher Center (EWTC), this cohorted master’s degree program is designed to prepare New York State certified teachers and pupil personnel service providers for roles in administration and supervision of PreK-grade 12 educational settings in Westchester.
Coursework and Fieldwork
Courses take place on one evening per week either online or in-person in Westchester. Students complete 600 hours of fieldwork at their current Westchester worksite or a site approved by the Program Leader.
School Building Leader and School District Leader
Eligibility and Admission Requirements
This program is designed for applicants currently teaching in Westchester who possess a master’s degree and hold permanent or professional New York State (NYS) certification as a teacher and/or pupil personnel service provider within grades PreK-12.
- A master’s degree from an accredited institution with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0
- Permanent or professional New York State (NYS) certification as a teacher and/or pupil personnel service provider within grades PreK-12
- A minimum of three years of approved teaching and/or school service within grades PreK-12 under regular appointment (or its equivalent for counselors, social workers, and school psychologists) or two years of approved teaching and/or school service and at least one year of relevant management/leadership experience
- Two letters of recommendation, including a letter of support from the candidate’s immediate site supervisor
- An on-site interview process that includes both oral and written activities
- A statement of purpose
- An official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score report is required for applicants who do not hold a teacher certification (optional for Fall 2022 applicants)
To start your application, visit the Partnership Programs Pre-Application page.
When applying to this program, under Program of Study, select School of Education – Other Programs and Educational Leadership (SBL/SDL). Indicate in your statement of purpose that you are applying for the ADSUP Cohort.
Visit How to Apply for information about deadline extensions.
To learn more about the CLASS track, visit the CLASS Admissions page.
If you already hold New York State School Building Leader certification, consider applying for our Advanced Certificate program in School District Leadership.