Newly Accepted Partnership Program Students


Getting Started at the School of Education

Congratulations on your acceptance to the Hunter College School of Education. Your program advisor will send you information about the steps you must take to get started at Hunter specific to your program.  This is some general information to assist you in the process of beginning your program at Hunter.

Non-Matriculated vs. Matriculated Status

Some partnership programs begin as a non-matriculated status in the first semester and move to matriculated status in your second semester.  This is most often true in programs that begin in the summer and lead to initial certification including but not limited to the East Harlem Teaching Residency, the Hunter College-New Visions Charter Residency, and the New York City Teaching Fellows.  Your program advisor will inform you whether your program begins in non-matriculated or matriculated status and provide you information about your specific next steps.  If you begin as a non-matriculated student you will receive instructions during your first semester about how to matriculate.

Submit Official Transcripts

If you have not done so already, you must submit your official transcripts to the Office of Graduate Admissions.  Official transcripts must be received in a sealed institutional envelope or a secure electronic copy directly from the institution.  Electronic copies may be sent to  Mailed copies may be sent to:

Attn: Graduate Admissions Office, Rm 223 North
Hunter College
695 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10065

For more information about submitting official transcripts visit the Office of Graduate Admissions page.

Submit Immunization Documentation

All partnership program students must submit your immunization documentation and meningitis acknowledgement to the Office of Partnership Programs.

Claim your CUNYfirst Student Account

Once your enrollment has been processed, you may claim your CUNYfirst student account. The CUNYfirst student account contains your record and is used to enroll in courses.If you previously attended a CUNY school you do not need to reclaim your account.

Claim my CUNYfirst Student Account

Review and Satisfy Admission Conditions

If you are admitted with admission conditions, you will find them listed on your admissions acceptance letter you receive in the mail.

Satisfying Admissions Conditions

Attend Program Specific Orientation

Your program orientation will provide important information about getting started at Hunter.  Your program advisor will contact you with details regarding the date, time, and location for your program’s orientation.

Review the Academic Calendar

Review the Academic Calendar for important dates including first day of class, registration and add/drop deadlines, and holidays.

Register for Courses

In some cases the Office of Partnership Programs will register you for your courses in your first semester.  In all other cases you will register for courses through CUNYfirst.  Your program advisor will contact you with information about the courses you will register for each semester.

Register for Classes

Tuition Payment and Financial Aid

In many cases our partnership programs have special arrangements regarding tuition payment.  Your program advisor will provide you information about how tuition payment works in your specific program.

Regardless of how your tuition payment works, you may apply for federal financial aid by submitting a FAFSA at  Forward your financial aid information to Hunter College using code: 002689.  Be sure to apply for financial aid starting in the first semester in which you will be a matriculated student.  In many cases students in partnership programs begin as non-matriculated in your first semester, especially if your first semester is summer.  Please contact your program advisor if you have questions about when you will become matriculated.  Non-matriculated students are not eligible for federal financial aid.

Access your myHunter Email Account

Sign into your myHunter email account using your CUNYfirst login credentials.

Access your myHunter Email Account

Purchase books for courses

Hunter College Bookstore is located at Shakespeare & Co. Review book requirements on CUNYfirst if available. Some courses materials will be assigned on the first day of class.

Claim your Hunter Net ID

Your NETID is used to access Hunter WiFi and log into all shared computers at Hunter College. You may claim your ID as soon as you are registered for classes. It may take 2-3 days for the system to automatically generate an ID after you register.

Claim my Net ID

Obtain your Hunter Student ID Card

The OneCard office, located in Room 203 of the West Building issues Hunter Student ID Cards. Your student ID number, also known as your EMPL ID number is printed on the front of the card. This number allows faculty and staff to access your record in CUNYfirst. Include this number in all email correspondence.

Complete Sexual Harassment Prevention Training

As part of our comprehensive prevention program for new students and our commitment to provide a supportive learning environment which fosters a safe, healthy relationship among students, Hunter requires you to complete the “Enough is Enough” Haven Online Training program. This online course will empower you to make well-informed decisions about issues that affect your college years and beyond. The course takes about 60 minutes to complete.

To complete the course enter Haven Registration Code: 5d4967d8. Create your profile using your @myhunter email address.

The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.

The Dean of Students will send a message to your myHUNTER email account in your first semester with a link to the training.