Information for Prospective Graduate Students with Incomplete Applications
Spring 2021 Applicants
You may check the status of your application by logging into your application portal.
Applications are considered complete and ready for review once the following incomplete materials are received:
- The $75 application fee
- Unofficial transcripts from all postsecondary institutions you’ve attended
- Two letters of recommendation
For more information about completing these requirements, review the Graduate Admissions Office website.
Some applicants are required to submit:
- GRE General Test Score Report
The GRE General Test is required for all teacher education programs and the doctoral program. Per NYS regulations, certified teachers who hold a master’s degree are exempt from this requirement. All doctoral applicants are required to submit the GRE. For a complete list of programs that do not require the GRE visit the School of Education Admissions GRE information page.
If you are admitted, your GRE scores must be received by the beginning of your first semester. Use the ETS Code 2301 to send your official scores directly to Hunter College. Learn more about the GRE at ets.org/gre.
Additionally, applicants with foreign credentials are required to submit:
- Official TOEFL or IETLS exam scores. For more information on score requirements, click here.
- Original transcripts, diplomas and external evaluation. For more information, click here.
Questions about your incomplete application should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.