As a Dance Education major at Hunter College, you will be able to share your creative passions with the next generation. You will receive individualized guidance from premier dance and education faculty, developing practical classroom teaching skills alongside a foundation in pedagogical theory. Field placements in New York City public schools will provide you with hands-on training in the use of arts education to foster intellectual and social growth. Upon graduation from the program, you will be able to lead a classroom with effective curricula and engage a diverse range of students.
Dance Education BA (25 credits in Education, 34 credits in Dance)
Dance Education BA/MA (25 credits in Education, 34 credits in Dance, plus 20 additional graduate credits in Dance)
Certification: Dance Education (K-12)
Eligibility Requirements to Declare Your Major
- Attend a UTEP Information Session
- Complete the Education Major Interest Form
- An interview with faculty may be required
- Minimum of at least 60 credits but no more than 90 credits completed by the first semester in the education program (Prospective Dance Education students may complete the major interest form after earning 45 credits.)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Evidence of advanced writing ability through a review of English composition and writing intensive coursework
- Declaration of a Dance major
Eligibility and Capacity
Seats in our Education majors are limited. Unfortunately, not all eligible students are offered a seat in an education major. Candidates who are not able to pursue an education are encouraged to make an appointment with an Graduate Education Admissions Advisor or email email@example.com to prepare to submit an application to a master’s degree program.
Connect with a Pre-Major Advisor