Educational Leadership SBL/SDL (MSEd) – CLASS Cohort
Welcome to the CLASS – Educational Leadership SBL/SDL (MSEd) program home page. Use this page as a guide to the program from acceptance to graduation.
The Collaborative Leadership Advancing School Success (CLASS) program is a clinically-based school leadership program that engages teachers as learners and leaders, readying students to supervise and support the professional development of fellow teachers and the management of systems at the building and district levels.
Upon successful completion of the two-year program students will receive a master’s degree from Hunter College and eligibility for New York State School Building Leader and School District Leader certification.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment with an advisor, please select from the options below.
If you have general questions or need to follow up on a submitted form email email@example.com.
The program advisor will notify students of the cohort’s particular course of study before registering for classes. Course sequence is subject to change. To view course descriptions, progress standards and exit requirements visit the catalog.
- ADSUP 704 Leadership to Enhance Human Resources (4 credits)
- ADSUP 731 Using Data, Technology and Assessment to Plan and Design Curriculum and Instruction (4 credits)
- ADSUP 715 Supervision for the Improvement of Instruction (4 credits)
- ADSUP 717 Seminar in Evaluating and Applying Educational Research (4 credits)
- ADSUP 721 Legal Issues, Finance, Facilities and Operations (4 credits)
- ADSUP 741 School District Leadership: Problems and Issues (4 credits)
- ADSUP 716 Leadership Strategies for School Reform (4 credits)
- ADSUP 751 District and School-Based Experience Seminar in Administration and Supervision (4 credits)
Total credits: 32
Newly Accepted Students: Getting Started
Welcome to the School of Education! Visit the Newly Accepted Students page for a checklist to get you started at Hunter College.
New Student Support
If at any point you need support, please reach out to our New Student Liaison, Kristen Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org or make an appointment.
Newly Accepted Students: Orientations
Welcome to the School of Education! Students will attend two orientations to cover all the information needed to start your program:
- General New Student Orientation
- Program Advising Session
General New Student Orientation
The School of Education hosts monthly virtual new graduate student orientations titled “New Student Orientation – Teacher Education and Leadership”. These 60 minute online sessions will provide you with an overview of Hunter College and the School of Education. Additionally, you will find answers to many of your questions regarding registration, student life and certification. See “Newly Accepted Student Events” below for details about upcoming sessions.
Program Advising Session
The CLASS – Educational Leadership SBL/SDL (MSEd) program hosts program advising sessions that cover the course of study, progress standards and fieldwork requirements. See “Newly Accepted Student Events” below for details about upcoming sessions.
Newly Accepted Student Events
There are no upcoming events at this time.