NYC Teaching Fellows – Bilingual (MSEd)
Welcome to the NYC Teaching Fellows – Bilingual (MSEd) program home page. Use this page as a guide to the program from acceptance to graduation.
The New York City Teaching Fellows (NYCTF) is an alternative teacher preparation program leading to New York State teacher certification. The NYCTF program is a collaboration among the New York City Department of Education, CUNY, and certain private universities in New York City. Students teach full time in high needs New York City public schools while studying at partner universities and participating in continuous supervision and professional development. Tuition costs are subsidized at approximately 50% by the NYCDOE and students are not responsible for any tuition payments until their second year in the program. Upon successful completion of the two-year program, students earn a master’s degree and are eligible for New York State initial teacher certification.
The program advisor will notify students of their cohort’s particular course of study before registering for classes. Course sequence is subject to change. To view course descriptions, progress standards and exit requirements visit the catalog.
This course list applies to Cohort 33. Previous cohorts should contact their program coordinator for more details.
- CEDC 70400 – Teaching Developmental Reading (3 credits)
- SPED 70800 – Teaching Students with Special Needs in Inclusive settings (3 credits)
- BILED 70100 – Foundations of Bilingual Education (3 credits)
- BILED 78700 – Practicum Part 1 (1 credit)
- BILED 71100 – Bilingual Literacy – Spanish (2 credits)
- BILED 71150 – Fieldwork in Bilingual Literacy (1 credit)
- BILED 77800 – Instruction Through the Native Language-Spanish (3 credits)
- BILED 78700 – Practicum Part 2 (1 credit)
- BILED 77900 – Multicultural Education (3 credits)
- CEDC 72250 – Social Studies Curriculum and Instruction: Integrating Literature, the Arts, and Technology (2 credits)
- CEDF 70900 – Child Development Grades 1 – 6 (3 credits)
- CEDC 70500 – Mathematics Curriculum and Methods (3 credits)
- BILED 71700 – Language Assessment for English Language Learners (3 credits)
- CEDC 70300 – Teaching Science in the Elementary School (3 credits)
- BILED 78800 – Practicum Part 1 (1 credit)
- BILED 77100 – Psychology of Language Learning and Teaching (2 credits)
- BILED 78800 – Practicum Part 2 (1 credit)
Total Credits = 38
Course Descriptions, Progress Standards, and Exit Requirements
To view course descriptions, progress standards and exit requirements visit the Course Catalog.
- Office of Partnership Programs Advisor contact email@example.com