East Harlem Tutorial Program – Childhood Special Education (Advanced Certificate)
Welcome to the East Harlem Tutorial Program – Childhood Special Education (Advanced Certificate) program home page. Use this page as a guide to the program from acceptance to graduation.
The East Harlem Tutorial Program Childhood Special Education Advanced Certificate is a program exclusively for graduates of the East Harlem Teaching Residency and other eligible teachers at EHTP Scholars Academies who are invited to apply. It is a partnership between the East Harlem Tutorial Program (EHTP) and Hunter College School of Education that leads to certification in Childhood Special Education. Participants in each cohort take coursework leading to this Advanced Certificate over the course of two years. Tuition costs are covered by EHTP.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment with an advisor, please select from the options below.
If you have general questions or need to follow up on a submitted form email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program advisor will notify students of their cohort’s particular course of study before registering for classes. Course sequence is subject to change. To view course descriptions, progress standards and exit requirements visit the catalog.
Year 1 – Fall
- SPED 700 Issues and Practices in Education of Students with Disabilities (3 credits)
Year 1 – Winter
- SPED 704 Issues in Teaching English Second Language Learners with Special Education Needs (1 credit)
Year 1 – Spring
- SPED 701 Assessment of Students with Disabilities (3 credits)
Year 2 – Fall
- SPED 781 Reading and Writing for Students with LD: Methods 1 (3 credits)
- SPED 782 Supervised Clinical Teaching of Students with Learning Disabilities: Part 1 (2 credits)
Year 2 – Spring
- SPED 783 Math, Organizational and Social Strategies for Students with Learning Disabilities: Methods 2 (3 credits)
- SPED 784 Supervised Clinical Teaching of Students with Learning Disabilities: Part 2 (2 credits)
Total credits: 17