This is an internship in special education. You will gain a lot of work experience including curriculum development, student behavior management, and teaching your own class of students.
- Teach a special education curriculum to your students, do activities and games with kids
- Coach soccer skills classes to kids
- Supervise kids in program
- 3-4 years of work experience with elementary-age kids in an after school or summer camp program
- Experience working in city public schools
- Experience working with at-risk students with behavioral issues
- 3 work references (work references must be from after school or summer programs you worked at)
- DOE clearance and fingerprints, completed LSP application, 2 interviews
- In a graduate school program studying education or psychology
Internship Program Duration: 7 weeks , meets 1 day a week for 2 hours.
Please email your cover letter, stating your work experience with kids and why your applying to the internship in education program, and your resume.
|Organization/School Name||Learning Strategies Prep, LSP, a nonprofit organization in special education.|
|Contact Name||Josh Morgan|
|Application End Date||11/30/2019|
|Position Title||Special Ed. Instructor, seeking grad. student to teach Learning Strategies & Soccer Program to kids with IEPs|