Posted 3 weeks ago
South Bronx Community Charter High School is seeking a Resident Teacher.
- English Language Arts (ELA)
- English as a New Language (ENL)
- World Languages
- Design and facilitate Curriculum
- Foster a balance of direct instruction and independent learning in the classroom via the design and facilitation of inquiry-based learning and project-based learning modules
- Support students in diagnosing and solving simple and complex real-world problems using various processes.
- Support students in preparing for the State Test
- Facilitate Advisory and Rites of Passage program in partnership with a Learning Coach (staff member with youth development experience).
- Develop and implement targeted small group skill development for Special education and English as a New Language students.
- Participate in and facilitate professional learning sessions with colleagues to norm expectations, promote high quality student learning experiences, engage in inquiry, problem solve, etc.
- Participate in and facilitate restorative circles as a means of fostering student investment in community and resolving conflict.
- Engage actively in professional growth through the development of a personalized learning plan and attendance at staff orientation during the last two weeks of August.
- Use school-wide mastery-based approach to assess learning competencies.
- Maintain proactive relationships with students and their families.
- Be available to support student advisees in crisis, during and outside school hours.
- Participate in and lead elements of a Summer Bridge program for new students during the last two weeks of August.
- Other duties, as needed and assigned by school leaders.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in subject area to be taught, Master’s Degree preferred
- Valid New York State Certification preferred
- Sustained effectiveness teaching in an urban public high school
- Demonstrated evidence of high student achievement
- Commitment to South Bronx Community Charter High School’s core values and educational approach
- Sustained effectiveness teaching in an urban public high school preferred, but not required
- Spanish language proficiency a plus
|Job Category||Adolescent Grades 7-12, Students with Disabilities|
|Organization/School Name||South Bronx Community Charter High School|
|Contact Name||Robert Gulya|
|Application End Date||May 31, 2023|
|Position Title||Resident Teacher|