The Teaching Fellow’s role is to assist the lead teacher while learning the BASIS Independent Schools’ model. Teaching Fellows have the opportunity to learn all aspects of the school preparing them for the classroom or administration in the future. Teaching Fellows help in the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive achievement oriented school culture. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and can assist with any issues relating to the well-being of the students during their time at the school.
- Classroom teaching both part-time and subbing
- Assisting teachers with classroom management
- Collaborating with teachers to provide academic support for students in small groups and one-on-one
- Assisting classroom teachers with events, arts and crafts, reading with students, snack and lunch times, and clean-up
- Strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS Independent Schools model
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse constituents while maintaining high professional standards
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education. Demonstrated success in student achievement, child development and classroom management. Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
|Job Category||Early Childhood|
|Organization/School Name||BASIS Independent Manhattan|
|Contact Name||Mark Allen|
|Application End Date||06/30/2020|
|Position Title||Pre-Kindergarten Teaching Fellow (Three-year-olds)|