Part-Time Outdoor Facilitator
Posted 1 month ago
Upper Manhattan Forest Kids (UMFK) seeks a Part-Time Outdoor Educator Facilitator.
- Provide direct instruction using the UMFK curriculum to an assigned group of 5 to 7 students (from 1 to 8 years old) during class days on Tuesday and/or Saturday mornings in all types of weather, including rain (excluding extreme cold and wind).
- Model generosity and patience to children and caregivers,
- Maintain attendance log for assigned group.
- Maintain observation and class review logs for group.
- Lead and encourage projects and activities that foster academic, emotional, cultural and artistic growth.
- Encourage students to positively participate in all programming and activities.
- Work and communicate consistently with Co-Founders to ensure program participants are progressing and completely satisfied.
- Continually investigate best practices through your own professional development in topics such as child development, outdoor education, environmental studies, and pedagogy.
- Assist in maintaining educational gear and supplies.
- Attend necessary (paid) training sessions.
$20 to $25 per hour
|Job Category||Childhood, Early Childhood|
|Contact Name||Sarita Covington-Kammerer|