MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR – LEVEL I
Posted 6 months ago
Kings County Hospital Center is seeking a Level I Mental Health Counselor.
Assignment Level 1
- A valid License or Limited Permit issued by the New York State Education Department to practice as a Mental Health Counselor.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) certification preferred (but could be working toward certification)
- New York State License in Behavior Analysis preferred.
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Applied Behavior Analysis, or clinical behavior analysis. Master’s degree in Psychology, Applied Behavior Analysis or related field preferred.
- Knowledgeable in data collection. Must be knowledgeable in use of Excel for graphing
- At least one year of conducting functional behavior assessments (FBA) and collecting data about adults/children/adolescents exhibiting problematic and dangerous behaviors (e.g., physical/verbal aggression, suicidal behavior, treatment noncompliance, sexual acting out behaviors).
- Developing and writing individualized behavior plans
|Organization/School Name||Kings County Hospital Center|
|Contact Name||Dr. Renuka Ananthamoorthy, Chief of Behavioral Health Services|
|Application End Date||Until Filled|
|Position Title||MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR - LEVEL I|