About The Job
Established in 1946, Magen David Yeshivah is a private co-ed Jewish day school that has since produced countless successful industry professionals, lawyers, physicians, rabbis, and teachers, as well as prominent leaders at the helm of numerous organizations. The growth rate of applicants to MDY is explosive, as our community recognizes the value and merit of our creative initiatives.
Magen David Yeshivah is looking for a dynamic HR Coordinator to join our team to support HR functions. Our people are the secret to our amazing school. To be successful in this role, you will be a detail-oriented team player interested in helping to keep things running behind the scenes, as well as supporting our staff. You will have some experience in recruiting and benefits administration with a great attention to detail.
What You Can Expect To Do
- Serve as the primary point of contact for candidates through the recruiting process: screening candidates, scheduling interviews and sending offer letters.
- Manage job descriptions and job postings.
- Partner with managers to create an outstanding on-boarding experience for all new hires (including IT, conducting new hire orientations, etc).
- Process paperwork with payroll department.
- Manage the HR filing system for all current and past employees.
- Assist with the benefits administration including annual open enrollment.
- Update HRIS system with changes to employee data.
- Identify opportunities to improve our HR processes.
- Act as liaison for staff regarding general company questions and requests, including routine processes and policies, and basic benefits questions.
- Assist with exiting employee logistics including: sending exit surveys, assisting with exit interviews, and processing termination paperwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned by HR Director or as required.
- 1+ years of experience in HR or Operations.
- Must have strong Excel skills with proficient in Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently, with little to no supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with strong attention to detail.
Bonus Points For
- Basic understanding of federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Experience processing payroll.
- Experience with Google Sheets and Docs and ADP HRIS platforms.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment. MDY is committed to an inclusive faculty therefore candidates from diverse backgrounds who want to make a real impact on the future of education are encouraged to apply.
|Organization/School Name||Magen David Yeshivah|
|Contact Name||Wendy Overstreet|
|Application End Date||N/A|
|Position Title||HR Coordinator|