We are currently seeking both experienced and apprentice teachers for all grades and all subjects for the 2021-22 school year.
Uncommon Schools seeks teachers who are continuously improving instructional practices through collaboration and targeted development within their school community.
Strong applicants for all teaching roles (new and experienced) will possess the following:
- Belief in and alignment with Uncommon’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is a must
- Ability and desire to implement feedback from school leaders and colleagues to become a more effective educator in service to our students.
- A background in education is not required for new teachers, but strong candidates should show a demonstrated passion for working with K-12 students and prior experience working in schools and/or urban communities is preferred.
Additional qualifications for experienced teachers
- Proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred
- Valid State Certification and Master’s degree are helpful but not required.
- Candidates must have received a Bachelor’s degree from a college or university before employment begins
- Candidates must have also earned a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.75 or higher by the time employment begins
|Job Category||Adolescent Grades 7-12, Arts PK-12, Bilingual Education, Childhood, Early Childhood, Students with Disabilities|
|Organization/School Name||Uncommon Schools|
|Contact Name||Toya Hall|
|Application End Date||1/31/2021|
|Position Title||K-12 Teacher (Elementary, Middle, High School) 2021-2022|