Academy of the City Charter School (AOC) is a K-8 public charter school serving students in Community School District 30. It has two locations – an elementary school (K-4) in Woodside, and a middle school (5-8) in Astoria. It is seeking to hire an Executive Director (ED) for the 2021-22 school year. The new ED would start in April 2021.
- Preferred 10 years of experience in classroom teaching, coaching, and administrative experience as a department head, head of school or head principal at a charter, private, or district school;
- Demonstrated success in urban school settings;
- A Master’s Degree or PhD in Education, Education Administration or a related field;
- Demonstrated commitment to educational equity and social justice;
- Excellent oral and written communication and leadership skills.
Please send your resume, cover letter and a writing sample to email@example.com ; Subject: Executive Director Application – Academy of the City CS
Please visit Chalkbeat for the full posting.
|Job Category||ADSUP - School Leader|
|Organization/School Name||Academy of the City Charter School|
|Contact Name||Nora Clancy|
|Application End Date||1/28/2021|
|Position Title||Executive Director|