University Settlement is one of NYC’s most dynamic social justice institutions and the first settlement house in the nation.
The Adult Literacy Program provides ESOL classes to immigrant adults in New York City. Its network of activities includes:
- adult literacy classes
- mental health counseling and intensive case management
- group and family day care
- support services to the formerly homeless
- after-school and summer camp for children and teens
- a senior center and a credit union
- B.A. Degree in TESOL, English, or TESOL certificate
- Two years’ experience in teaching ESOL
- Experience with online teaching including Zoom (or similar video conferencing platform) and G Suite
Salary and Hours
This position is P/T for 17.5 hours per week. Sixteen hours of instruction (Monday-Thursday, 9am-1pm) & 1.5 hours prep, training, and professional development.
Must commit to teaching classes from September through June.
Salary: $35 per hour
|Job Category||TESOL Adult, TESOL PK-12|
|Organization/School Name||University Settlement Society of NY|
|Application End Date||08/15/2020|
|Position Title||ESOL Teacher|