English as a Second Language (ESOL) Instructor
Academy of Medical and Public Health Services (AMPHS) is seeking an experienced English as a Second or Other Language (ESOL) instructor to teach one or two of the following English as a Second Language (ESOL) levels: Beginner and High Beginner.
Academy of Medical and Public Health Services’ (AMPHS) English as a Second Language (ESOL) classes aim to empower community members to not only communicate in everyday settings, but to understand their basic rights as immigrants in daily interactions. The English as a Second Language (ESOL) instructor should be able to teach from a student-centered perspective and employ innovative teaching methods and strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) required; Master’s degree, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), or English teaching certificate preferred
- BEST Plus certification preferred At least three years’ experience serving adult learners and/or teaching English as a Second Language (ESOL)
- Experience in working with immigrant communities
- Appropriate reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in English
- Ability to provide services in a manner sensitive to the backgrounds and cultures of program participants
- Demonstrates commitment to leadership development and community building
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish, Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese), and/or Arabic preferred
To apply, submit cover letter and application to email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job Category||TESOL Adult|
|Organization/School Name||Academy of Medical & Public Health Services (AMPHS)|
|Contact Name||Ivana Ferguson|