The Program for the Development of Human Potential (PDHP), provides alcohol, substance abuse and gambling prevention services to the Catholic elementary and high schools in Brooklyn and Queens.
- Assess students for referral to therapy unit, mental health agency or drug treatment centers.
- Provide crisis intervention to students and families.
- Deliver evidence-based education curriculum to students as required by the funding agency.
- Provide faculty workshops when requested
- Serve as a resource for administrators, teachers and parents for substance abuse education and drug related problems in the school.
- Serve on the school drug policy committee and provide technical assistance to school administrators on how to develop and implement such policies.
- Attend group clinical consultation meetings as directed by the Borough Director.
- Advanced degree in counseling, psychology, social work or related field.
- License required if available in field of study.
- Minimum of two years individual and group counseling with high-risk school aged clients.
- Advanced degree may substitute for experience.
|Job Category||Childhood, Counseling|
|Organization/School Name||Department of Education for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn|
|Application End Date||3/31/2021|
|Position Title||Elementary School Counselor, PDHP|