SEO (Sponsors for Education Opportunity) College Scholars is seeking a College Persistence Advisor to join their team. College Persistence Advisors are student-facing and 85% of the role involves talking directly with students.
- Provide services to cohort of ~70 students to include college preparedness advisement, academic advising, registration in courses, transfer information and counseling
- Maintain, collect, and report student data on an ongoing basis, making regular assessments of individual student progress towards degree completion; provide appropriate data for purposes of reporting, institutional research, and institutional effectiveness
- Advise students in a methodical, intentional, and organized approach to ensure that all students receive equitable advising and support
- Facilitate and present workshops designed to increase student success in the high school to college transition
- Utilize Salesforce systems, as necessary, to aid in the delivery and reporting of advising services
- Contribute to planning and presenting at annual conferences for college students
- Master’s degree required, preferably in Social Work, Counseling, School Counseling, School Psychology, or related field from an accredited university
- 2-3 years graduate school field placement or work experience within either youth-focused or education-focused agency
About College Scholars
SEO Scholars is a free eight-year academic program that gets low-income public high school students to and through college.
|Organization/School Name||SEO (Sponsors for Educational Opportunity)|
|Application End Date||08/31/20|
|Position Title||College Persistence Advisor|