Comunilife is a premier provider of housing, mental health, and HIV/AIDS services in New York City.
The Case Manager’s main responsibility is to provide case management services for a caseload of clients and their family members.
The Case Manager prepares comprehensive assessments and service plans. Community linkages may require some field work.
- Perform all activities related to case management for assigned caseload including initial assessment(s), timely comprehensive service plans, service plan reviews and progress notes.
- Maintain and document liaisons with other agencies providing services to assigned cases.
- Provide supportive counseling and crisis intervention as needed. -Monitor compliance and management of the client’s health, mental health and substance abuse treatment needs.
- Provide assistance with all ADL activities to maintain clients independence in the community. -Advocacy and referral as needed.
- Monitor and re-assess client’s needs for treatment and community education on chemical dependency related issues.
- Experience with HIV/AIDS afflicted individuals, chronic mental illness, substance abuse individuals and their families a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 consecutive years of work experience in substance abuse and HIV/AIDS issues.
- Valid CASAC or CASAC-T Certificate preferred
- Bilingual skills in English/Spanish preferred
|Contact Name||Susannah Welbeck|
|Application End Date||9/30/2019|
|Position Title||Case Manager|