CASA (Cultural Afterschool Adventures) Per Diem Program Educator
The Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum is a non-profit, educational institution featuring the legendary aircraft carrier Intrepid, the space shuttle Enterprise, the world’s fastest jets and other historic aircraft as well as a cold war era guided missile submarine.
Intrepid Museum is looking for CASA (Cultural Afterschool Adventures) Per Diem Program Educators. The CASA Program Educators are sought for delivering in-school partnership programs making use of the Museum’s collection to engage students and support learning in the afterschool hours. CASA Educators will work one-two days per week to deliver a two hour after school program. While the direct instructional time will be approximately 40-50 hours, pay is figured at a rate of $20 per hour to cover training/preparation time for a total of 175 hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, science, history, museum studies or a related field. Master’s studies and/or teacher certification a plus, especially in special education.
- Two years related experience working in an educational setting.
- Understanding of object- and inquiry-based teaching practices.
- Comfortable teaching interdisciplinary history and science programs to varied audiences.
- Experience differentiating lessons to meet specific academic and social-emotional learning goals.
- Knowledge of best practices for English Language Learners and disability specific instructional strategies a plus.
- NYC Department of Education fingerprinting a plus.
- Multi-lingual or bi-lingual a plus.
For consideration e-mail resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the title of the position. Be sure to include “CASA Program Educator” in the subject line.
|Organization/School Name||Intrepid Museum|
|Position Title||Per Diem Program Educator|