About the Position
The Development & Communications Coordinator plays an important role in the Development Department by ensuring fundraising success through supporting annual fund campaigns, major gifts, prospect research, and special events. They will report directly to our Chief Development Officer and support all areas of managing our development efforts. This position is ideal for an individual who enjoys challenges, is results driven, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, and building relationships.
- Design digital and print marketing materials for all appeal mailings, fundraising campaigns, and events
- Manage all BTNY social media channels, including generating daily meaningful content for our stakeholders, as well as promoting specific appeals throughout the year
- Play a key role in the BTNY Annual Gala (and all other Development and Volunteer Events) by managing guest lists and registration, stewarding corporate and individual table sponsorships, and producing digital media content
- Act as the liaison between BTNY’s Public Relations agency and the BTNY Program Team
- Oversee gift processing and ensure that donor records (database, computer files, and paper files) are accurate and up to date
- Administrative support to the Development Department, including but not limited to calendar management, follow up calls and tasks, board communications, general filing, and correspondence
- Support the team in building and maintaining strong, professional relationships with donors
- Other duties as assigned
We’re Looking for Someone Who
- Has some degree of work experience in an administrative position
- Has a Bachelor’s degree, or is actively working toward degree completion
- Is confident with MS Office/Google Suite and comfortable learning new systems
- Is a proven A-Player and practices:
- Efficiency: Produces significant output with minimal wasted effort;
- Prioritization: Balances tasks and makes the right judgment call;
- Critical and Reflective Thinking: Draws insightful conclusions from data and feedback;
- Attention to Detail: Identifies the important details, ensuring they do not derail projects;
- Effective Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately, adjusts for audience as appropriate;
- Leadership and Ownership: Understands role as a leader on projects and team, resulting in successful outcomes.
- Demonstrates excellence in BTNY’s Core Values:
- We learn and lead flexibly and constantly
- We embrace the sense of the possible
- Relationships matter
- We model integrity
- We are all in
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR as the subject line and attach the following:
- Cover letter that includes your salary requirements
- BTNY Questionnaire – Send answers to the following questions:
- What are your career goals?
- What are you really good at professionally?
- What are you not good at or not interested in doing professionally?
|Organization/School Name||Breakthrough NY|
|Contact Name||Laura Amerman|
|Application End Date||9/28/2019|
|Position Title||Development & Communications Coordinator|