The 6th Grade Mathematics Teacher assumes responsibility for providing in-depth educational experiences in a positive and supportive classroom environment. Said teacher must help students develop the skills and competencies needed to meet and exceed the New Jersey Student Learning Standards in Mathematics while following the school approved mathematics curricula.
- Possess New Jersey elementary school certification: K-6, or K-6 with a Middle School
Subject matter Specialization: Mathematics in Grades 5 – 8 certificate, or a N-12
- Knowledge of student behavior and performance; individual differences in ability,
personality and interests and learning/motivational techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, using proper
grammar and vocabulary in English.
- Plan and implement classroom instruction to ensure that all students meet and exceed the
New Jersey Student Learning Standards and charter school education goals and objectives by
promoting active learning and skill development in the mathematics content area.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects and communicate these objectives
- Work towards ensuring that the instructional program engages the students in tasks that
require analytical and critical thinking; problem solving and creativity; and that the students
are provided a variety of methods to demonstrate performance and achievement.
- Provide a nurturing, supportive and positive classroom climate that encourages student
responsibility, using positive motivation, clear classroom routines, challenging instructional
strategies and effective classroom management techniques.
Please Apply by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, copy of resume, unofficial or official transcript(s), and copies of all New Jersey instructional certificate(s).
|Job Category||Adolescent Grades 7-12|
|Organization/School Name||Maria L. Varisco-Rogers Charter School|
|Contact Name||Human Resources Department|
|Contact Phone||(973) 481-9001|
|Application End Date||N/A|
|Position Title||6th Grade Mathematics Teacher|