- This event has passed.
Winter Online Course Design Institute
Thu, Jan 14 2021 10:00am-1:00pmFree Admission
The Frankfort Center presents the Winter Online Course Design Institute, a four-day intensive engagement for School of Education faculty to help you develop the skills needed to adapt your course(s) for the virtual environment. This course will provide a number of frameworks and models for you to reflect on and implement changes to your courses, as well as introduce a variety of pedagogical, assessment, and technology integration strategies. You will learn about supported platforms and see how colleagues have integrated them into their own courses.
The course will meet on January 14-15 and January 21-22 from 10am – 1pm each day. Frankfort Center staff will be available during the intervening days as well as after the course has been completed for one-on-one support and assistance. Participants that attend all sessions will receive a certificate of completion at the end.
Each day will build upon previous knowledge, and each preceding day. See the tentative agenda for the institute below.
We welcome participation from all full-time and part-time faculty from all departments, but have limited spaces available. To apply, please fill out this form by Friday, January 8th. Please note, you will need to login to your Huntersoe.org email account to fill out the application form. Contact the Frankfort Center if you have trouble with the application form.
By the end of this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize and employ key instructional design frameworks for online course design
- Apply appropriate methodologies to align course objectives with assessments and activities
- Select, evaluate and implement technology to support course objectives
- Learn about a variety of instructional design and technology integration models and frameworks.
- Review and revise course/module learning objectives.
- Learn about online assessment strategies.
- Review and revise course/module assessment plan.
- Learn about a variety of pedagogical strategies for online learning
- Examine and evaluate supported technology platforms
- Review and revise course/module learning activities
- See examples from faculty faculty colleagues
- Reflect on and revise course/module plan
- Present their course/module revisions to the group