- This event has passed.
Winter Blended/Online Course Design Institute
Wed, Jan 19 2022 3:00pm-6:00pmFree Admission
The Frankfort Center presents the Winter Blended/Online Course Design Institute, a three-day intensive engagement for School of Education faculty to help you develop the skills needed to develop or adapt your course(s) for a blended or fully virtual environment. This course will provide a number of frameworks and models for you to reflect on and implement changes to your courses, as well as introduce a variety of pedagogical, assessment, and technology integration strategies. You will learn about supported platforms and see how colleagues have integrated them into their own courses.
The course will meet on January 18-20 from 3pm – 6pm each day. Frankfort Center staff will be available during the intervening days as well as after the course has been completed for one-on-one support and assistance. Participants that attend all sessions will receive a certificate of completion at the end.
Each day will build upon previous knowledge, and learnings from each preceding day. See the tentative agenda for the institute below.
- We welcome participation from all full-time and part-time faculty from all departments, but have limited spaces available.
- To apply, please fill out the Blended/Online Course Design Institue form by Friday, January 14th. Please note, you will need to login to your Huntersoe.org email account to fill out the application form. Contact the Frankfort Center if you have trouble with the application form.
By the end of this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize and employ key instructional design frameworks for online course design
- Apply appropriate methodologies to align course objectives with assessments and activities
- Select, evaluate and implement technology to support course objectives
Day 1 – January 18, 2022
- Learn about a variety of instructional design and technology integration models and frameworks.
- Review and revise course/module learning objectives.
- Learn about online assessment strategies.
- Review and revise course/module assessment plan.
Day 2 – January 19, 2022
- Learn about a variety of pedagogical strategies for online learning
- Examine and evaluate supported technology platforms
- Review and revise course/module learning activities
Day 3 – January 20, 2022
- See examples from faculty faculty colleagues
- Reflect on and revise course/module plan
- Present their course/module revision and ideas to the group