- This event has passed.
Student Experience Advisor Orientation Meeting
Wed, Apr 27 2022 1:00pm-2:00pm
Interested in becoming a Student Experience Advisor? Join us for an orientation meeting to further discuss the role and responsibilities.
Student Experience Advisors are a group of vetted students willing to support and engage newly admitted students seeking guidance about student life in the School of Education and Hunter in general. The advisors will partner with new admits who request this specific type of support and can help them navigate questions and concerns as it relates to being a student in the following areas:
- Work/Life/School Balance
- Navigating Hunter College offices, websites, and available Hunter student resources
- Student Life Experiences
- Program Specific Experiences (if available)
- Encouraging registration for new admits not yet committed to Hunter
Student Experience Advisors can use this opportunity to develop their own leadership and support skills. Newly admitted students gain the benefit of having valuable access to current students and their institutional and experiential knowledge. Student Experience Advisors should not feel obligated to provide academic or programmatic support, nor should they. They are simply an added resource of assistance for new students seeking current student perspectives.
- Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students
- Event Category:
- School of Education Office of Academic and Student Affairs