Hunter College Blind and Visually Impaired Programs Virtual Spring Conference
Fri, Mar 31 9:30am-3:30pm
This will be a free virtual conference. The program will include presentations on employment and recreation, an overview of the programs at Hunter College, and time for interest group meetings.
Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE), Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals (ACVREP) and Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) will be available through partnership with New York State Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired (NYSAER).
Please share this event with friends and colleagues who may be interested. Partial attendance is allowed.
- 9:30 to 10 am: Welcome
- 10 to 11:30 am: Teaming Up for Success: Best Practices in Collaborative Assessment Vision Rehabilitation Therapy and Rehabilitation Counseling led by Ian Shadrick Ed.D., CVRT, CRC, FNRCA
- 11:30 to 12:30 pm: Lunch and Overview of Hunter Programs
- 12:30 to 2:00pm: Let’s Get Physical: Ways to make sports more accessible to the blind and visually impaired community led by Meghan Fink, CVRT, OMS
- 2:00 to 2:15 pm: Break
- 2:15 to 3:30 pm: Interest Group Meetings: Vision Rehab Therapy (VRT), Orientation and Mobility (O&M), Teachers of Students with Visual Impairments (TVI) etc.
- 3:30 pm: Adjourn, thank you!