- This event has passed.
Educator Study Abroad in Costa Rica: Info Session
Thu, Jan 6 2022 5:00pm-6:00pm
Join us for an Educator Study Abroad in Costa Rica Info Session! Globalize your professional vision, and interact with history, culture, language, policy, and education in Costa Rica, a unique Central American context. Connect with other passionate and committed educators!
- You will earn 3 credits in graduate Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) for this course, and a certificate for 45 continuous learning hours (CTLE) with a focus on English language learners. You may also apply to use this experience as a substitution for a practicum in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). The course will begin remotely prior to departure dates. You do not need to be a Hunter/CUNY student to participate.
- You can opt into 3 credits in Spanish language. Spanish classes will be provided to all participants, and are small group and at your level of proficiency from beginner to native speaker. The for-credit option would include classes continued on via remote instruction.
- You will be placed in an English as a foreign language classroom from K to adult according to your preference and have the opportunity to teach, observe, and build relationships with Cost Rican educators and students.
- You will live in a 2-week homestay with a Costa Rican family where you can share meals and experience the culture firsthand. Breakfasts, dinners included. You can add on extra days of homestay for only $30 per night.
- From the Pacific coast to the nearby volcanoes, you will travel to regions in and outside of San Jose where you can see the natural beauty and wildlife that is in abundance in Costa Rica. Guest lecturers from local professors provide understanding of the arts, indigenous peoples, politics, education and healthcare. Hotel overnights and cultural excursions are included in cost.
- Cost excluding airfare for the program is approximately $2,500 for the program and $1,410 for in-state tuition. $500 for 3 credits in Spanish may be added on.
- Dr. Laura Baecher at email@example.com