RSA Rehabilitation Long-Term Training Program Scholarship
The Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) Rehabilitation Long-Term Training (RLTT) Scholarship is awarded only to students who are committed and have expressed interested in working with individuals with disabilities after completing the RLTT program.
The amount of financial assistance awarded to each scholar will vary each semester depending on the amount of grant awarded to the Institute of Higher Education (IHE) and the cost of attendance at the IHE. The financial award can be used towards tuition, fees, books, supplies and travel in conjunction with training assignments. Priority will be given to full-time students and funding will be awarded to part-time students if available. The scholarship awardee must pay back each year of financial assistance with two years of work service.
The regulations require trainees who receive financial assistance through the RLTT program referred to as RSA scholars, to pay back such assistance either by maintaining acceptable employment in public or private nonprofit rehabilitation agencies for a period of time after they complete their training, or by making a cash repayment to the Federal government. More specifically, RSA scholars who receive funding under the RLTT program must work two years for every one year of funding received upon completing their program. Work payback must be completed within the sum of the number of years owed plus two additional years, often referred to as the grace period.
- Completed a Bachelor’s Degree and maintained a 3.0 GPA and intend to complete a Master’s Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling
- Currently accepted and matriculating in a Rehabilitation Counseling Program and is entering the second semester of the program
- Express interest in applying to ACCES-VR Internship and is commitment to complete all the required hours
- Attend a RLTT Information Session prior to applying. Email email@example.com for additional information.
- Participate in an in-person interview with Scholarship Selection Committee (SSC)
- Provide valid proof of USA citizenship or lawful permanent resident and proof of USA permanent address
To apply applicants are required to submit the Application Package that they received at the RLTT Information Session with all required documents listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org
- DOE – Certification of Eligibility for Federal Assistance in Certain Program
- Personal Statement –-500 words describing why you chose Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling (VRC) as your career goal and your commitment to pursuing a career in VRC and work with individuals with disabilities after graduating the RLTT program
- Current resume and a letter of recommendation from a non-family member
Paulette U. Clarke