Computer Science Education
This Master’s degree will prepare you to teach Computer Science Education to all grade levels.
Coursework and Fieldwork: Courses are offered in the afternoon and evening. Some courses may be available in an online or hybrid format. Select courses have required hours of classroom experience (fieldwork) in a New York City public school. Students also participate in supervised teaching as the culmination of their course of study.
Certification: Computer Science (All Grades)
Eligibility & Admissions Requirements
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a regionally accredited university with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- General education core in the liberal arts and sciences to include: artistic expression, communication, information retrieval, concepts in history and social sciences, humanities, a language other than English, scientific and mathematical processes, and written analysis and expression
- Two professional references
- Official GRE scores
- Interview with program faculty
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer science and program in either C++ or Java.
- Applicants will upload a code sample in a text based language that is representative of their current programming ability in their personal statement, or will provide a link to sample code on their resume.
To start your application, click here.
When applying to this program under Program of Study, select School of Education – Other Programs, and Computer Science Education.
Fall Start: March 15
Visit How to Apply for information about deadline extensions.
If you hold NYS certification in middle or high school subject area, you may be eligible for the Advanced Certificate in Computer Science Education.