Computer Science Education
This Master’s degree will prepare you to teach Computer Science Education to all grade levels.
Coursework and Fieldwork: Courses are offered in the afternoon and evening. Some courses may be available in an online or hybrid format. Select courses have required hours of classroom experience (fieldwork) in a New York City public school. Students also participate in supervised teaching as the culmination of their course of study.
Certification: Computer Science (All Grades)
Eligibility & Admissions Requirements
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a regionally accredited university with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- General education core in the liberal arts and sciences to include: artistic expression, communication, information retrieval, concepts in history and social sciences, humanities, a language other than English, scientific and mathematical processes, and written analysis and expression
- Two professional references
- Official GRE scores
- Interview with program faculty
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer science and program in either C++ or Java. In the Supplemental Section of the application, applicants should upload a code sample in a text based language that is representative of your current programming ability. You may either upload a file, a zip with a project or a file with a link if your project is hosted elsewhere i.e., GitHub.
Applications are accepted November – April for a Fall start.
To start your application, click here.
When applying to this program under Program of Study, select School of Education – Other Programs, and Computer Science Education.
If you hold NYS certification in middle or high school subject area, you may be eligible for the Advanced Certificate in Computer Science Education.