Success Academy – Childhood Special Education (MSEd)
The Success Academy program at Hunter College is open to eligible Success Academy teachers. Upon successful completion of the program, students receive a Master’s degree and eligibility for New York State initial certification in Childhood Education and Childhood Special Education. The Trans B track is intended for teachers without prior New York State certification. Tuition costs are covered by Success Academy.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment with an advisor, please select from the options below.
If you have general questions or need to follow up on a submitted form email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program advisor will notify students of their cohort’s particular course of study before registering for classes. Course sequence is subject to change. To view course descriptions, progress standards and exit requirements visit the catalog.
- SPED 700 Issues and Practices in Educating Students with Disabilities (3 credits)
- SPED 701 Assessment of Students with Disabilities (3 credits)
- SPED 78651 Practicum (1.5 credits)
- SPED 702 Classroom Management in Special Education and Inclusive Settings (3 credits)
- CEDF 709 Child Development Grades 1-6 (3 credits)
- CEDC 70450 Teaching Developmental Reading (3 credits)
- SPED 704 Issues in Teaching English Second Language Learners with Special Education Needs (1 credit)
- SPED 781 Reading for Students with Learning Disabilities Grades 1-6, Methods 1 (3 credits)
- SPED 78652 Practicum (1.5 credits)
- SPED 783 Math, Organizational and Social Strategies for Students with Learning Disabilities: Methods 2 (3 credits)
- CEDC 70550 Mathematics Curriculum and Methods (3 credits)
- CEDC 70350 Teaching Science in the Elementary School (3 credits)
- CEDC 72250 Social Studies Curriculum and Instruction: Integrating Literature, the Arts, and Technology (2 credits)
- SPED 777 Supervised Clinical Teaching of Students with Learning Disabilities – Part 1 (1.5 credits)
- SPED 780 The Study of Learning Disabilities in Children and Adolescents (3 credits)
- SPED 777 Supervised Clinical Teaching of Students with Learning Disabilities – Part 2 (1.5 credits)
Total credits: 39