Lincoln Center Scholars Program – Dance Education (MA)
Welcome to the Lincoln Center Scholars Program – Dance Education (MA) program home page. Use this page as a guide to the program from acceptance to graduation.
The Lincoln Center Scholars Program, a partnership between Lincoln Center Education and the Hunter College School of Education, was developed in response to the critical need for qualified, certified arts teachers in New York City Schools. Hunter College Lincoln Center Scholars are fully subsidized students working toward their Masters in Education in the Hunter College School of Education while also teaching full-time in a New York City classroom. Students have access to intensive training at Lincoln Center Education, and upon successful completion of the program students receive a master’s degree from Hunter College and are eligible for New York State initial teacher certification. The full cost of tuition, fees, and books are covered by the Lincoln Center Scholars program.
Major support for the Lincoln Center Scholars Program is provided by the Laurie M. Tisch Illumination Fund.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment with an advisor, please select from the options below.
If you have general questions or need to follow up on a submitted form email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program advisor will notify students of their cohort’s particular course of study before registering for classes. Course sequence is subject to change. To view course descriptions, progress standards and exit requirements visit the catalog.
- CEDF 713 Child and Adolescent Development (3 credits)
- DANED 760 Dance Methods I: Curriculum Design and Pedagogy for Productive Teaching and Learning (3 credits)
- SPED 708 Teaching Students with Special Needs in Inclusive Settings (3 credits)
- SEDC 720 Adolescent Health and Safety (1 credit)
- SEDC 710 Building Foundations of Literacy in Adolescent Education (3 credits)
First Fall – Full-Time Teaching
- DANED 762 Dance Methods II: Advanced Curriculum Design and Pedagogy for Productive Teaching and Learning (3 credits)
- DAN 730 Studies of Form (3 credits)
Second Spring – Full-Time Teaching
- SEDF 706 Assessment of Teaching and Learning in Adolescent Education (2 credits)
- DAN 742 Graduate Dance History (3 credits)
- SEDF 703 Social Foundations of Adolescent Education (3 credits)
- DAN 705 Maintenance of the Dancer’s Instrument (3 credits)
Second Fall – Full-Time Teaching
- DANED 764 Practicum (2 credits)
- DAN 740 Aesthetics (3 credits)
Third Spring – Full-Time Teaching
- DAN 746 Special Topics in Dance (3 credits)
Total credits: 38