Computer Science Education for New York State Certified Teachers (Advanced Certificate) Course Sequence
Academic Plan: CSCIEDU-AC
The Advanced Certificate is designed to be completed in four semesters and begins each Fall.
- CSCI 70900 – Programming in a High Level Language (3 credits)
- CSCI 70300 – Data Structures in a High Level Language (3 credits)
- SEDC 71900 – Methods I: Advanced Study of Secondary Learning Environments for Teaching Computer Science (3 credits)
- SEDC 72900 – Methods II: Intensive Study of Teaching Diverse Learners in Computer Science Grades 7-12 (3 credits)
- SEDC 73600 – Curriculum Design for Computer Science (3 credits, includes fieldwork hours)
- CSCI 77800 – Ethics & Computer Science (3 credits)
- CSCI 70700 – Modern Topics and Concepts in Computer Science (3 credits)
Students must apply for graduation the semester before their planned graduation. Refer to the Graduation and Commencement page for full policies and procedures.
Students must apply for certification in their final semester. Refer to the Certification page for requirements and step by step instructions.