Bilingual Extension for Pupil Personnel Services (Advanced Certificate) Course Sequence and Program Tracker – Full-Time – Spring Start
Academic Plan: BEPPS-AC
This is a suggested full-time course sequence for students who begin their program in Spring semester.
After being accepted
- COCO 71900 – Practicum in Counseling. COCO 71900 fulfills requirements of COCO 71800. Students must apply for permission to enroll in this course via the COCO 71900 Application Form.
Semester 1 – Spring
- COCO 71900 – Practicum in Counseling (3 credits, includes fieldwork hours)
- BILED 71700 – Language Assessment for English Lang. Learners (3 credits)
- BILED 70100 – Foundations of Bilingual Education (3 credits, includes fieldwork hours)
Semester 2 – Fall
- BILED 77900 – Multicultural Education (3 credits, includes fieldwork hours)
- COCO 70700 – Multicultural Aspects of Counseling (3 credits)
- Bilingual Education Assessments (BEA) Exam – Students must take the BEA exam prior to graduation. Visit the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations website for more information.
Students must apply for graduation the semester before their planned graduation. Refer to the Graduation and Commencement page for full policies and procedures.
Students must apply for certification in their final semester. Refer to the Certification page for requirements.