Bilingual Extension for Pupil Personnel Services (Advanced Certificate) Course Sequence and Program Tracker – Full-Time – Fall Start
Academic Plan: BPPSRVS-AC
This is a suggested full-time course sequence for students who begin their program in Fall 2023 or later.
After being accepted
- COCO 71900 – Individual Supervision (KC)
- Students must apply for permission to enroll in this course via the COCO 71900 Application Form.
Semester 1 – Fall
- BILED 77900 – Multicultural Education (3 credits, includes fieldwork hours)
- COCO 71900 – Individual Supervision (KC) (3 credits, includes fieldwork hours)
- This course requires a grade of B or better to pass.
Semester 2 – Spring
- BILED 75500 – Bilingual Development, Assessment, and Instruction (3 credits)
- COCO 70700 – Multicultural Aspects of Counseling (3 credits)
- Students who began the program prior to Fall 2023 may have taken BILED 71700 – Language Assessment for English Lang. Learners (3 credits) in lieu of BILED 75500.
- BILED 70100 – Foundations of Bilingual Education (3 credits, includes fieldwork hours)
- Bilingual Education Assessments (BEA) Exam – Students must take the BEA exam prior to graduation. Visit the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations website for more information.
Students must apply for graduation the semester before their planned graduation. Refer to the Graduation and Commencement page for full policies and procedures.
Students must apply for certification in their final semester. Refer to the Certification page for requirements.