School of Education Student Council
The School of Education Student Council (SOESC) is a student led group comprised of undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in The School of Education. The Student Council amplifies the student voice in the School of Education and provides opportunities to participate in community building efforts. Students have input on school wide projects and develop professional skills while enhancing the experience for all School of Education students .
Why you should join the Student Council?
- Professional development opportunities
- Build networking connections within and outside the School of Education
- Plan events that will enhance the School of Education student experience
- Enhance your resume
Membership comes with perks such as:
- Advocating for change within the School of Education
- Recognition at the School of Education Graduation Celebration
- Membership to the National Society of Leadership and Success
- Input on ongoing projects within the school
- Student Ambassador opportunities
The Student Council has been active for one year now and one of this groups’ biggest accomplishments has been offering a Lesson Plan Workshop to students enrolled in the teacher education programs. This workshop is organized by Student Council members with support of School of Education faculty and staff. The Lesson Plan Workshop, focuses on literacy and math, was created out of a need expressed by students. This demonstrates what students can achieve by coming together to request services and programs that support our learning and career goals.
For more information, please contact the Student Council at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Meetings and Events
There are no upcoming events at this time.